Visa Information

Please determine your current status here under "I'm interested in applying, now what?"

Once accepted, it is important that all students create a myNEU account. This account must be active for at least 24 hours before completing the myOGS e-form. If you have determined that you will need to be in F-1 status to study at CPS, you will need to log in to myOGS with your myNEU credentials to submit a request for an I-20.

Please be prepared ahead of time by reading the points below to see what documents you will need to have on hand for your I-20 request:

  • A copy of the identity page of your passport
  • Financial documentation indicating availability of funds equal to or exceeding the amount needed to attend Northeastern and pay for living expenses for at least a full academic year 
    • Financial documents must be dated within 9 months prior to your program start date.
  • All submitted financial documents must be written in English with amounts listed in U.S. dollars. (If funds on the bank statement are not in U.S. dollars, please attach a currency conversion from an online calculator such as
  • The name of the account holder on any bank documents must be in English.
  • If you are receiving government sponsorship, please provide a financial guarantee letter that has your name, major, and the covered terms.
Tuition for the 2016-2017 Academic Year

These figures are tuition estimates for the 2016-2017 academic year and are subject to change at any time by Northeastern University's Board of Trustees. Additional University fees apply to the cost of full attendance. Please click here to view the list of fees on the Student Financial Services website. 


Bachelor’s Program

Master’s Program

Graduate Certificate Program

Based on

3 Quarters (9 months)

3 Quarters (9 months)

2 Quarters (6 months)






Additional Expenses for Family Members

If you have any dependents you will be bringing to the U.S. with you, please show additional funds according to the table below and fill in the supplemental form located within the myOGS portal and copies of data page(s) of the passport for each dependent, including picture, date of birth and expiration date.


3 Quarters (9 months)

First dependent

Add $ 8,000

Each additional dependent

Add $ 4,000


Students Transferring Into Northeastern University


In addition to the required documents above, all international students who are currently studying within the United States, but who now intend to enroll at Northeastern, must also submit a completed Transfer-In Verification Form for students in F-1 or J-1 status (the form is also available at myOGS).

Please make your visa interview arrangements only after receiving your I-20 from Northeastern University and make your travel arrangements only after receiving your visa in your passport.

The myOGS I-20 request e-form is designed to respond to an individual student's situation and will guide you through the request process. If you have any questions, please contact the CPS Admissions Office at, by calling 877-668-7727, or contact the OGS at

Quick Links

I need to improve my English and academic skills before I can make the grade for my degree. Now what?

The Global Pathways Program offers international students an excellent route to university success at Northeastern through a mix of English tuition and academic coursework. You can start studying one of a range of degrees when you successfully complete either:

Talk to an Enrollment Coach

We can walk you through your program options and the application process.


Call Toll Free:
Contact Us
International Webinars & Events